Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Contemporary Landscape,Sunset Painting “Sunset Reflections” by Colorado Contemporary Artist Kimberly Conrad and....ITALY!!


Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Artist "Pouring Color Into Your Life"






28"x45"x1.5" Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

 Click HERE for more info

 View more of my work at http://kimberlyconradfineart.com

 View just Seascapes at http://coastallivingart.com



DAY 2 IN FLORENCE , ITALY

I forgot to say yesterday....that Judy Babcock, Joan Fullerton , Marian Sommers and I flew in 2 days ahead of the workshop so that we could have time in Florence before joining the workshop attendees and being transported to Cortona. Carol Wiley had also arrived early, and joined us on Day 2.

We started with a a wonderful breakfast and a cappuccino at Hotel Boccaccio, then did some shopping at the street market. Judy bought a gorgeous leather coat, and I bought a little handbag.
We then headed for the Galleria dell' Accademia, which is the home of Michelangelo's sculpture David, in addition to many other breathtaking paintings and sculpture.





David

Note-the hands and feet really are very exaggerated in size, just as the story goes.

They didn't allow you to photograph the paintings, but I took many of the sculptures.



After the museum, we headed for the Ponte Vecchio, of which I got NO good photos, so this one is from boomsbeat.com.


The strip here was primarily jewelry stores, which none of us were in the market for, so we sat for quite awhile outside a cafe with a bottle of wine and watched 2 watercolorists in action.
I purchased small pieces from both, but almost regret purchasing from the man, because when I was paying, he was bashing the woman artist I had just purchased from, telling me she was selling prints ,but his were originals. I told him that I am an artist myself and can assure him that I can tell the difference and that I had purchased originals. She overheard him and apologized to me saying he is a nasty man always!!
I guess it's a little competitive for the painters on the strip!!

Duomo and Ponte Vecchio

The two above were painted by the "nasty man" :) They are about 2"x3", very tiny- matted in white to measure about 5"x7" and signed.



These are 2.5"x2.5" matted in white and signed by the "nice lady"!!:)

Duomo and Ponte Vecchio
These little pieces I purchased from a guy painting on the street our first day in Florence, but forgot to share them. He was set up near the Duomo. They are my favorite.
The are also about 2"x3" matted in white to about 5"x6".

So I have lots of creative framing to do!!


This day was Judy Babcock's Birthday!! 
 Carol Wiley recommended the restaurant Golden View, on the Ponte Vecchio, where we celebrated Judy's birthday. The food was, of course, marvelous, and the view ....lovely.

With Carol Wiley and Marian Sommers at Golden View


From Our Window at Golden View




Judy LOVES the OPERA! 
She happened to find out a little opera (just the Arias) was being performed in a beautiful church just off the Ponte Vecchio, and got tickets. It was a about a 10-15 minute walk from the restaurant....and Judy window-shopped the entire way!!:)

Our seats were fabulous, as the performers stood on this red rug directly in front of us; we could have kicked them had we not liked their singing!!
(Photo by Carol Wiley)

This church was one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever been in,  and the OPERA was wonderful.....a small intimate group in the audience of maybe 100 at the most.
(Photo by Carol Wiley)

So...... a terrifying cab ride back to Hotel Boccaccio at midnight concluded this very lovely day!!


















No comments: