Friday, January 1, 2016

Contemporary Abstract Seascape Painting,Coastal Art "A Beautiful Storm IX" by International Contemporary Artist Kimberly Conrad



Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Artist "Pouring Color Into Your Life"


 "A Beautiful Storm IX"

 24"x24"x1.5" Acrylic on Canvas

 Click HERE for more info on this piece.

 View more of my work at http://kimberlyconradfineart.com

 View just Seascapes at http://coastallivingart.com





 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

 Thanks for stopping by..

 I am excited to be participating yet again, in Leslie Saeta's 30 day painting challenge.

 Though I am a prolific painter,the truth is I have not painted in weeks.

 My sweet hubby had open heart surgery the 2nd of December, and the week before that was full of  pre-op tests and appointments.

 As the CEO of Where ART Lives, I have been working hard along with my fabulous creative      director Lisa Kreymborg making wonderful changes to our site, and our 100 blogs, as we continue the process of re-branding....we can't wait for you to see it all!

 Lisa has also been hard at work on the January 2016 issue of Where ART Lives Magazine, you will  find it on all of our sites the 7th of January.

 It would be true to say...this is the longest I have ever NOT painted since I began painting!!

 So I'm eager to take the challenge, hoping to get back on track, and anxious about whether I can    actually follow through and complete it!!

 This is a wonderful project to participate in, as it brings together artists in all stages of their art        journey, to share, inspire, and even mentor each other, and.... it's just plain FUN!

 Bravo Leslie for beginning another year with the 30 Day Challenge.


Yesterday, I revealed a BIG SECRET....if you missed it- you can read it HERE


Can you believe it is January 1st?? Why does the holiday season fly by so quickly?

It always does, and we know that it's going to every single year-yet when its done, we STILL ask
ourselves "how did it go so fast?" I find that truly funny.

What is not very funny is that life is like the holidays, we know it's going to fly by, we see it ourselves when we look back,people near then end of their journey TELL us that it's going to fly by- and for some reason we are still shocked when it does.

That is why it's so important to practice Gratitude daily. The posture and practice of Gratitude
facilitates JOY, and a JOYFUL life is a Beautiful-Fulfilling life. How can you not be JOYFUL on some level when you are consciously acknowledging all of the beautiful things in your life?

There is hardship and heartache yes, there are broken relationships, there is job loss, financial strain, illness, loss of loved ones....the list goes on.

I have experienced all of the above and so, I am sure, have all of you!

My #1Goal for 2016 is to get Better at Gratitude....to PRACTICE Gratitude.

I need PRACTICE, because it does not come naturally for me when the road is hard.
At times I have literally had to force myself to seek out all that IS good in my life and say Thank You out loud. But with the Thank You- comes JOY- and I want JOY every single day.

I wish you JOY in 2016:)