Thursday, July 7, 2011

Leaky Pot III, 8x10, $47.00, Painting #16 of the CLUB 47 Challenge, original Abstract Flower Tulip Painting by Colorado Abstract Artist Kimberly Conrad

I am having fun with these whimsical little florals...a break from "poured" landscapes...enjoying the palette knife again...Original Art For the Cure,8x10 abstract tulip painting on 256 lb acrylic paper...this painting is #16 of the CLUB 47 Challenge, $4.70 will be donated to breast cancer research. It will fit a standard 8x10 frame, or may be matted and framed to a larger size. Visit http://artforbreastcancer.blogspot.com to see my Pink Art for the Cure.
Visit www.kimberlyconradfineart.com to see larger paintings.

$47.00






Club 47 Followers....LAST NIGHT AT THE END OF MY POST I RECAPPED WEEK #2....
Here Are my Goals for Week #3

1. at least 60 total minutes of cardio 4 days/ at least 30 total minutes 3 days
2. To have NO STRENGTH TRAINING GOAL UNTIL SHOULDER HEALS
3.Situps 6 days of 7
4. Eat AT LEAST 1200 CALORIES BUT NO MORE THAN 1600 (EACH DAY)
5.DRINK 80 OUNCES OF WATER/WEAK TEA A DAY
6.DRINK ONLY ONE COFFEE A DAY ( IT CAN BE A LARGE...BUT JUST ONE)
7. NOT TO WEIGH ( FOR 2 WEEKS)
8.SKETCH 5 DAYS OUT OF 7
9.PAINT AND POST A $47.00 PAINTING DAILY
10. SLEEP 7 HOURS A NIGHT


12:15 p.m.-After taking Darvocet to get through the night...I went to see my DR. early this morning...I have inflamed the bursa sac again ( the one where i had the torn rotator cuff)...so he gave me a steroid injection and said NO WEIGHT LIFTING...ONLY STRETCHING....so...I guess the weights are off my list for a bit.

He also read me the riot act about my eating....wants to see me "feeding" 6 times a day....small portions, of course,beginning early in the morning... I love my DR...he is wonderful and knows me well and is always honest no matter how painful!!!:) He also said NO RUNNING (which I already knew) and not to worry about the amount of time walking per say...but concentrate on distance...and increasing it....he said I won't see a great amount of
results doing less than 4 miles per day. I started with 2.5 ...to baby my bad feet....so I went from his office to get the Sketchers Shapeups walking tennies..several people have said they are awesome, and there is basically NO IMPact on your feet....but that they take some getting used to, as they change your gait and posture....so..I will try them..I will try anything at this point..
The word is to start with wearing them 15 min on day 1, then increase time..until you get used to them....Just walked the dogs in them..they are quite wierd....I will keep you posted!!

I had a Smart Ones 200 calorie meal (turkey & potatoes) at 11:30...and an Atkins reeses cup.....and a coffee before that....


8:20 p.m.- Just finished 20 min on the Lifecycle...going downstairs to paint..then will walk for 40 minutes...I had 2 oz of cheese at about 2:30, then a protein shake at 3:30..then a bowl of light soup with one oz of cheese at 6:00 and 8 baked chips... Have only had two glasses of tea and one glass of water...so need to drink a lot still....feeling a little loopy with the pain meds...mostly painting today...computer work is not fun when you are loopy..it's a bit nauseating!!
I bought yummy things to cook at the grocery store this morning, but have not felt well..no desire to cook...maybe tomorrow...

Oh..have actually worn the new tennies all day..love them....


11:51 p.m. Just finished cardio session #2...did 40 minutes switching between treadmill and eliptical....SO.. I GOT MY 60 MINUTES OF CARDIO IN TODAY IN SPITE OF THE SETBACKS.... I had to ..I had to get it right on day one of the new week ...
Had 2 more 20 oz iced tea/water,..SO i got my 80 ounces in..YEAH!!!!
I will NOT do the traditional situps until my shoulder calms down...but I will do the isometric situps & holds....which, by the way are very effective...so for those who have neck or back issues like me... There you go!!! I will do those in bed....
You sent me some wonderful emails today...and I so appreciate all of them..I think I answered them all....but Thank you AGAIN!!!!
I only had about 1000 calories....so I am short there...will do better tomorrow..will have meal one earlier....:)
I am gonna try hard for the 7 hours of sleep...so probably will not log on tomorrow until 9:00, since it is after midnight, and I am at my desk..

No comments: