Sunday, August 16, 2009

Contemporary Abstract Sunflower Palette Knife Oil Painting by Kimberly Conrad


© Victoria Franklin Designs, INC
Sunflowers. Original oil painting on 20x16 canvas. I'm not really sure if I'm finished with this piece...I may have to mull it over for a day or two. I am currently working on a new group of florals for FatTail Gallery. There will be lots of palette knife painting over the next 2 weeks. To view other floral paintings, visit www.kimberlyconradfineart.com For purchase inquiries, contact Kimberly at kkconrad2@aol.com
Kimberly at Daily Painters Abstract Gallery
Kimberly at Daily Painters of Colorado

Kimberly Conrad Fine Art


COLORADO CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONIST DAILY PAINTER KIMBERLY CONRAD

SING TO THE LORD WITH THANKSGIVING;MAKE MUSIC TO GOD ON THE HARP" PSALM 147:7
I am exceedingly thankful today, as my family was spared what could have possibly been something awful last night. As we wait for test results regarding the health of one of our sons, I have been very anxious the past few days. Last night I was plagued with worry, and feared I would not sleep, so decided to paint late into the night. Because I had poured earlier in the lower studio, and the upper studio though wonderfully light during the day, has poor lighting at night, I was painting in the kitchen. About 12:30 I suddenly smelled a strong gas odor. The boys that were still up smelled it as well. I woke up Don, who called the emergency gas number and decided to get the boys out of the house, as it was getting stronger. I woke up Marshall and the four of us trotted off to Village Inn for a 1:00 a.m. breakfast. My 20 year old refused to go, and stayed behind with Don. Long story short, the gas man said sometimes if you don't have enough windows open when you turn on the attic fan, the pilot light on the furnace goes out. The gas is supposed to automatically shut off after 15 minutes, We have lived in this house for 15 years, and have never had this happen. I am so thankful that I was up, and that we were not all sleeping.
All is well today:)

No comments: