Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Abstract Landscape,Sunset, Sunrise Art Painting "Golden Hour" by International Contemporary Artist Kimberly Conrad


Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Artist "Pouring Color Into Your Life"

 16"x20"x7/8" Gallery Wrapped Canvas/Available

 This painting is wired and ready to hang.

 Click Here for more info.

 Visit http://KimberlyConradfineArt.com

To view my latest SEASCAPES, visit http://CoastalLivingArt.com


A Thought for Today......

"Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, and the golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your FIRST hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail. 

Og Mandino

I shared this once before, about a year ago....but I thought it was worth sharing again...
I love this. I truly consider the very first hour I am awake to be my Golden Hour. What I do in that first hour really does set the tone for my day, whether it be 5:00 a.m. or 9:00 a.m., whether I am home, or on the road for business or pleasure.

I start my day with a few minutes of deep breathing,  prayers of thankfulness that I have been given the gift of another day on this earth, and then a long list of things I am thankful for, from the big things like health and life, to the smaller things like the fact that all of my sons have good jobs and safe, reliable cars to drive.

I try to do this before my feet hit the floor, but sometimes my furry friends do not allow me that luxury, as I wake to one of them scratching to get out the door and down the stairs to do their morning job! In this case, I start again, in my big leather chair in the breakfast nook, surrounded by those same little furry friends.

I follow this with a short time of meditation, and reflection on the day to come, then a bit of time reading something that feeds my soul, inspires my heart. Sometimes I linger here, other times it may be just a paragraph.

THEN....what has been truly life giving to me....a time of verbal affirmations.

I have notebooks full of sentences, quotes and verses I have written down over the years, that speak life, love,joy, peace, inspiration and success to me in all areas of my life.....self love, relationships, business, my mission on this planet....


There's a very distinct difference in the days that begin this way, and the days that do not....so I have learned to be diligent in this practice.

Regardless of starting this way...there are of course those days when the stink still just hits the fan, and I find myself having to find a corner, and repeat a mini version of this morning practice, or at least some part of it.... I call this a RESET.

Somedays require multiple resets, but that is one of the beautiful things about this wondrous life, every minute is a NEW beginning.......we can RESET as many times as we need to!!

What I do differently now, in 2017 from what I did in 2017, is every morning I write a few sentences of thank in my little notebook. I even managed to maintain this habit on my recent 17 day trip to France, and it really enhanced the beauty of my trip!!:)







Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Art Gallery
Boarding House Studio Galleries
220 East 7th Ave (Governer's Square)
Denver, CO 80203

No comments: