Saturday, August 10, 2013

"Morning at Redstone" 9"x12" Oil, Original Colorado Landscape Palette Knife Painting by Colorado Contemporary Artist Kimberly Conrad

Original Redstone, Colorado Landscape Palette Knife Painting

Okay...You have been asking to see my paintings from the Plein Air workshop in Redstone..this is #1.

 Be gentle..this is my FIRST ever oil landscape, and I thought this abstract artist was very brave to be out there with the "REAL" plein air painters.

 Hauling the gear and learning to set up the french easel was quite an ordeal..by the time I got to the painting part I was already flustered!! This painting blew off of the easel twice, as I did not have it secured properly. 

Thank you to all my workshop mates for putting up with this beginner, and for being so wonderfully nice and supportive!!

Barbara Churchley is a WONDERFULlY patient and very FUN instructor!!

Those who know me know I am a colorist at heart...I could not possibly have painted the true colors....primarily browns and greens!!

My dear friend and fellow artist C----, you know who you are...will hate this...you hate it when I use PINK!!!:):)

I had a blast...and will continue exploring this direction as time allows...right now I am working on four poured aspen commissions for a local hospital..the installation date is September 3rd...Yikes..I am way behind!! 

 Visit http://KimberlyConradFineArt.com to view more of my work.

No comments: