Sunday, June 17, 2012

Flowers ChallengePainting #6, $79.00, Art for the CURE,Original Contemporary Abstract "Poured" Flower Painting









 Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Artist "Pouring Color Into Your Life"

Painting #6 of the of Flower Challenge

 "Poured" Acrylic on 140 lb watercolor paper. Many have written in the past to ask how I do the poured florals. My acrylic paint is thinned, then placed in bottles with pour spouts..I pour the background first, then immediately lay the paper down and begin layering on the pot and flowers wet on wet with my secret tool..it is Not a brush, Not a palette knife....it can be found in any man's toolbox...any guesses?? On some pieces (but not all), I go back after the painting dries and apply just a few strokes of thick acrylic paint here and there with a tiny brush just for a little POP!!

  Poured work is most beautiful on paper, I have poured on board, canvas and canvas panel, but prefer the look on paper..THEN the paper can be mounted to board or canvas.
 Obviously my large poured pieces are done on canvas, I find paper larger than 11x14 too difficult to manipulate when wet..as I pick up the entire paper and tilt and slant to get the look I want. This piece can be shipped as is on paper, for traditional framing... or may mounted to canvas board before I ship it..you choose the presentation!!


This painting is now part of the Art for the Cure 2012. 


$7.90 will be donated to the Denver Chapter of Susan G Komen at the end of the fundraiser in October.

 $79.00/8.00 Shipping

No comments: